For Elon, 2014 was a year of ups, downs, and a 12 million dollar donation. But it’s more fun to talk about the downs. So here is a list of the 10 Most Disappointing Moments of 2014…
- The Elon Fence. The most unnecessary building project of 2014 likely messed up your life. But even though it screwed you over, at least it helped these people screw? #YouGoGlenCoCo
- Parking. Nothing says “Welcome to Elon” like a $25 dollar ticket after being parked in a spot for five minutes longer than you should be.
- #ElonIce. The “timber” jokes. The hashtag. The illusive three day snow day. Let’s take a look back at how Elon students handled some ice. Aren’t you people from the north anyways?
- Elon Dining. Although there have been no raw chicken or bugs found in food recently, they get an honorable mention because honestly no one has ever said the words, “Wow Elon Dining has done SUCH a good job this year.”
- Elon Football. Looks like we didn’t quite “#EmbraceTheGrind” since the team’s first season in the CAA ended with a conference-low 1-11 record.
- Sigma Pi. Yikes. Enough said.
- Elon Ex-Professor Hans Arneson. Yeah, that guy who sent creepy texts to one of his students and then the story got picked up by every news outlet in the country? Great press for Elon. #whoops.
- B.O.B. being told to S.T.O.P. A loud concert after 9 p.m.? NOT ON OUR CAMPUS. We have the locals to thank for that one.
- Speaking of concerts that bombed, how about Luda. He was on stage for 45 minutes, he spoke in great lengths about female student’s genitalia, and then suggested abducting Elon girls would be a good idea. I guess he’s never been accused of being the classiest individual, but he could at least play up to our J Crew standards..
But the worst thing about 2014…
- “Guac is extra, is that okay?” is still a question I have to answer.
Think we missed something? Tweet us at @OnlyAtElon.
May 2015 bring fewer fences, more parking, and free guac. Happy New Year!